2. Eat small portions of food to satisfy your hunger alone, after that, please stop eating.
3. Eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grain (e.g wheat, oats, and maize), fat-free or low-fat milk products.
4. If you love beans like me, then you’re doing well. So is fish, poultry food (chicken and turkey), eggs and nuts.
5. Reduce intake of food high in fat and cholesterol, high salt concentration and added sugar. One tip here is to always check the label of whatever you consume to know high they are in all the above.
6. Avoid sodas and sugar enhanced drinks. You see that diet Coke or Pepsi, biko avoid it; they are no different as they contain almost the same amount of sugar content.
7. Drink very plenty of water. In a day, 3.7 litres and 2.7 litres should be the target for men and women respectively.
8. For kids, avoid rewarding them with too much food or sugary snacks, this may become a lifelong unhealthy pattern.
9. If you feel angry, instead of eating on impulse, talk to a friend, drink water or listen to music.
10. If you like there is more, please add it in the comment section.
These tips are very helpful if we try to practice them, but then there is a need for physical health which the next part of this series will focus on. See you in a bit,
Abeg like and share make people see wetin we dey do…na beg I dey beg.
Lucky Chima – The Healthy Lawyer.